Monday, 24 April 2017

No. 61 to 69 - Easter Critters

Made these little guys (about two to three inches high) for the kids for Easter. Put them in plastic egg shells - they fit! 100% acrylic yarn, DK weight, 2.75mm hook. My own pattern. Thought I was making them all the same but each one somehow turned out quite different from the rest. Again reminding me how sensitive to tension the outcome will be. The photo shows the order in which they were made, beginning with the red bunny. 

When I was planning the colours, in order to have the rabbits all different, brown was one of the options as I have quite many shades of it in my yarn stash. Thinking about it, brown didn't seem appealing at all but it turned out to be very popular among all the kids! They think it looks like a fancy iced coffee drink, like a mocha frapp or something. I actually like it best among the bunnies. 

The chicks closer up:

Realise I should have posed one of them sideways - I'm quite happy with how the body shaping turned out, the back is longer so it has a proper chick-like profile. It was serendipitous actually, some of the increases got clustered closer together and that made that part stick out so I just made the rest that way and oriented the sticking out part as the back/tail. The first one had the biggest beak - Rachel was the one who told me to make the beak smaller so it would be cuter and it was. I really don't know why they're so different - they are exactly the same pattern, as far as I know. 

Bunnies closer up:

Now they're arranged according to spectrum - only I just realised that I should have swapped the purple and pink ones for a better flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment